Come out and see us at the Hurst Fire Department Annual Open House. People of all ages are invited to come meet your firefighter and you’ll even get a chance to meet your new Fire Chief, David Palla. Enjoy hot dogs and In-N-Out, demonstrations and lots of fire apparatus on display.
The Hurst Fire Department hosts their annual Open House Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fire Station #1, 2100 Precinct Line Road and you’re invited!
C.E.R.T. will be hosting a food drive for NEED at the open house. NEED is a Tarrant County faith-based non-profit organization whose sole mission is to provide short-term emergency assistance of food, clothing and financial support.
If you wish to donate to the drive, here’s a list of items needed:
- Canned goods
- Toiletry items
Posted in RACES
Tagged 2018, Open House
The following is our planned events for 2017. We hope to see you around.
- February 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th
- October 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th
- 1/16 – 2/20 – 3/20 – 4/17 – 5/15 – 6/19 – 7/17 – 8/21 – 9/18 – 10/16 – 11/20
Regular Board Meetings:
- 1/10 – 2/14 – 3/14 – 4/11 – 5/9 – 6/13 – 7/11 – 8/8 – 9/12 – 10/10 – 11/14
- Hurst RACES Spring SET: Sat March 4th
- HurstARC Family Picnic 5/20
- Ham-com 6/9, 6/10
- Field Day 6/24-25
- Hurst FD Open House 9/30?
- Hurst RACES Fall SET 10/14
- JOTA 10/21
November & December:
- HurstARC “Open House” New Ham Workshop 11/11
- Tech Talk: Mall Watch 2017, 11/18
- NE Mall Watch: Start Fri 11/24, 25, 26; 12/2, 3; 12/9, 10; 12/16, 17; 12/23, 24.
- HurstARC Christmas Party 12/12
Keep up with all of our events by subscribing to our club calendar.
Posted in Events, Field Day, Mall Watch, Monthly Meetings, Public Service, RACES, Tech Talks
Tagged 2017, Field Day, Mall Watch, monthly meeting, RACES, tech talk
Saturday April 30th will be a Tech Talk day for HurstARC. Denise Lucas, N5WTK, will be talking about the need for a plan of communications in an emergency. All are invited to attend.
This will also be the beginning lesson of the RACES CE program that Mike, N5YM, Butch, KC5ONZ, Chris, KD5HIY, and the Hurst City Emergency Manager have put together to better serve the City of Hurst when needed.
You can find Denise’s presentation here: Personal Emergency Communications Plan
Personal Emergency Communications Plan by Denise Lucas, N5WTK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at W5HRC.org.