With the busy month of January being over with (holidays, Skywarn and Tarrant RACES training complete), we can now refocus on our planned club activities. One of the popular events we do, and would like to do more often, are Tech Talks. We traditionally do our Tech Talk Series on the first Saturday of the month, but are flexible.
Tech Talk subjects can range from discussions on operating digital, to how to build antennas, to EmComm operations. This is a call out to anyone, club member or not, that would like have an opportunity to teach a subject, please let us know. They are fun and your audience usually like having the chance to learn a new subject.
You can email us using the Contact page. Just select “Tech Talks” from the drop down. We hope to hear from you.
The following is our planned events for 2017. We hope to see you around.
- February 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th
- October 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th
- 1/16 – 2/20 – 3/20 – 4/17 – 5/15 – 6/19 – 7/17 – 8/21 – 9/18 – 10/16 – 11/20
Regular Board Meetings:
- 1/10 – 2/14 – 3/14 – 4/11 – 5/9 – 6/13 – 7/11 – 8/8 – 9/12 – 10/10 – 11/14
- Hurst RACES Spring SET: Sat March 4th
- HurstARC Family Picnic 5/20
- Ham-com 6/9, 6/10
- Field Day 6/24-25
- Hurst FD Open House 9/30?
- Hurst RACES Fall SET 10/14
- JOTA 10/21
November & December:
- HurstARC “Open House” New Ham Workshop 11/11
- Tech Talk: Mall Watch 2017, 11/18
- NE Mall Watch: Start Fri 11/24, 25, 26; 12/2, 3; 12/9, 10; 12/16, 17; 12/23, 24.
- HurstARC Christmas Party 12/12
Keep up with all of our events by subscribing to our club calendar.
Posted in Events, Field Day, Mall Watch, Monthly Meetings, Public Service, RACES, Tech Talks
Tagged 2017, Field Day, Mall Watch, monthly meeting, RACES, tech talk
Saturday April 30th will be a Tech Talk day for HurstARC. Denise Lucas, N5WTK, will be talking about the need for a plan of communications in an emergency. All are invited to attend.
This will also be the beginning lesson of the RACES CE program that Mike, N5YM, Butch, KC5ONZ, Chris, KD5HIY, and the Hurst City Emergency Manager have put together to better serve the City of Hurst when needed.
You can find Denise’s presentation here: Personal Emergency Communications Plan
Personal Emergency Communications Plan by Denise Lucas, N5WTK is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at W5HRC.org.