It is time for our annual Mall Watch event.
Mall Watch is a program where we team up with both Hurst Police, and Mall Security to provide extra eyes, looking for suspicious activity. We generally schedule two hour shifts, operating in a loose ARES net, where net control takes reports from field operators around North East Mall regarding suspicious activity observed.
If anyone is interested in participating, we will have a training session to go over duties and expectations during the event. The details:
- It is a month long operation, starting on Black Friday
Operates every weekend from Thanksgiving weekend until the weekend of or before Christmas Eve, but also including Black Friday.
- Two hour shifts, five positions, one NCS
- ALL hours count towards the Hurst City VIA program.
- Open to all Amateur Radio Operators, Technician class or higher, and you do NOT have to be a member of the Hurst Club.
- Training and Q&A will be held at the Hurst EOC located at the Hurst Fire Station #2, 837 W. Pipeline Road on November 10, 9:30am – 11:00am
Feel free to reach out to us using the Contact page if you have any additional questions.
You can view the training material below:
Come out and see us at the Hurst Fire Department Annual Open House. People of all ages are invited to come meet your firefighter and you’ll even get a chance to meet your new Fire Chief, David Palla. Enjoy hot dogs and In-N-Out, demonstrations and lots of fire apparatus on display.
The Hurst Fire Department hosts their annual Open House Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Fire Station #1, 2100 Precinct Line Road and you’re invited!
C.E.R.T. will be hosting a food drive for NEED at the open house. NEED is a Tarrant County faith-based non-profit organization whose sole mission is to provide short-term emergency assistance of food, clothing and financial support.
If you wish to donate to the drive, here’s a list of items needed:
- Canned goods
- Toiletry items
Posted in RACES
Tagged 2018, Open House
The time has come again for us to hold our Technician licensing class for those interested in taking the steps to become an Amateur Radio operator. This class is open to all that are interested.
If you are interested, please visit our signup page here. This gives your instructors the information needed to get you started in this great hobby. The information you need to know can be found below:
- Where: Hurst Fire Station #2, 837 W. Pipeline Road, Hurst Texas 76053. We will be upstairs, in a secured area, so you will need to use the doorbell and someone will come to escort you up.
- When: March 20th, 22nd, 27th, and 29th, 6:30pm – 9:30pm.
- Cost: The cost of the class is FREE. There is an expense for the book ($20-$25), plus a $14 VEC exam session fee that does apply.
- Materials: You will need the following book from W5YI, Amazon, or any other retailer. The price ranges from $20-$25 most places: http://www.w5yi.org/catalog_details.php?pid=76
We hope to see you there. This is a fun and interactive class that covers all of the theory. It is designed to help you with visualizing the why’s and how’s of ham radio. This class is a supplement to the book, requires that you still study the book. If you do you part in studying, we will do ours in making sure you are ready to pass the Technician level test.
For proper resource allocation and seating arrangements, we will have to limit the class to only those that have registered. We will not be able to accept walk ins, so do not forget to register.
73’s <-(We cover what that means too)